For overall good health, it is not enough that we eat and drink right. Sleep and rest are also crucial elements that we should not take for granted. With adequate sleep and rest, our body has enough time to recuperate and re-energize and our brain will not struggle in processing emotions and thoughts. Also, our mental functions will not be compromised therefore we can perform at our best every day.
Have you been finding it hard to sleep, lately? Despite folloTwing all the sleeping tips and despite having the right schedule of going to bed and rising up, you still find it hard to get enough sleep, more so an uninterrupted sleep each night? Did you know that one significant factor that affect your ability to get a good night’s sleep is the quality of your mattress? Yes, your mattress can be the culprit and this thing can significantly impact your overall well-being for depriving you of a good quality sleep.
It is important that you invest in a good quality mattress if you value your health and your life. If you are still keeping your old one, maybe it is the right time to replace it if it no longer gives you a restful sleep. How to determine if you need to buy a new one? Check out the following guidelines to consider according to experts:
- Mattresses start to deteriorate in certain areas on its 5th year, so if your mattress is more than 5 years old, don’t wait for it to be totally broken, and cause trouble in your household before you find a new one.
- The main purpose of a mattress is to provide you a comfortable sleep every night. When it could no longer provide your body comfort, then it’s time for a new one. To make you feel more comfortable, match your mattress with a memory foam topper which keeps your mattress dry, clean and dust-mite-free,
- It is also time to change, when a mattress starts to sag and there are obvious signs of uneven areas that are typically the result of normal wear-and-tear.
- No matter how much or how often you clean your mattress, it naturally gets dirty as time goes by. Buy a new one when it is already soiled and stained
- Old mattress starts making more noise than usual because of worn out springs. Squeaky mattress should be immediately replaced.
- If your mattress often causes allergies or asthma attacks due to accumulation of dirt that cannot be avoided, replace it with a new and good quality type.
- Some mattresses are causing back pain and body aches upon waking up. This is a proof that your old mattress can no longer support your body parts properly. It causes spine misalignment which can contribute to back pain. Before it causes you more health problems, buy a new one that can support your sleeping style.
When it comes to being healthy, the mattress that you sleep on matters, because when you are not able to sleep well a night, it can negatively affect your overall being. Old mattresses that are out of shape will not provide the comfort and proper support you need, and you will just end up tossing and turning which makes you lose valuable sleep.